Weight loss/weight gain has been a trending topic on the web for the last decade. If not Tens of thousands, perhaps a few hundreds of bloggers and health practitioners have written articles, made podcasts, campaigns, and even wrote books on how to achieve a proper weight loss.
I’d tell you this; the first step required for you to commence that weight loss journey… begins with you! How? I’d tell you.
Some excessive weight gain or weight loss are psychological. You’d agree with me that, a good number of persons are unhappy with their looks; especially their body sizes.
So, scientifically proven, your mental and psychological behaviour may affect the way you appreciate yourself/body. Don’t forget “a sound mind aids a healthy lifestyle”
Societal views shouldn’t matter
Some years ago, skinny and petite girls were prone to depression because they’re constantly being bullied and neglected by their lovers – for their tiny body sizes, skinny nature and the inability to put up weight/add extra flesh.
Honestly, I was that girl… I used to be that girl… one who had no genuine friends. A few of my classmates back then were ashamed to be seen with me; whenever their admirers came around to woo them.
Peer pressure at school
I was clueless as to why girls my age would boastfully talk-me-down because they had bigger tits and butts than I had. I remember how disappointing that was, I was so alone and often, I wondered why my body size mattered that much. Till this very day, I am still unsure why society wants us to see some human beings as trendy commodities.
Even when i tried to befriend the boys, they pretended to like me because of my intelligence—they benefited greatly by having their homework done for them without stress. Trust me, it has been a savage society since the 21st century and that’s not about to change anytime soon.
Parents/guardians should pay more attention
If I were an unhappy kid, I probably would have gone into depression. Although, I had help with my dad buying me tons of books to read. I was privileged to have parents who saw through every of those countenances each time I returned home from school.
Reading and applying all of those positive lessons helped me build the right mind-set. In those books, there were no definite description of how a human being should appear to the public; before he/she is accepted.
They didn’t speak about models nor regard them specially— neither did they tag any woman as “plus size”. They simply called them all “beauty” and those books greatly enriched me mentally and positively. Part of the reason I became a writer.
Back to the topic:
Losing weight must be solely for you- there should be a positive reason as to why you’d want to shed those extra pounds. Honestly, I’d advise: if it’s not health detrimental, then, don’t put yourself through the unnecessary pressure.
You’re beautiful and there’s no one else around this planet.. like you! I can categorically tell you that ‘if a person loves you for your body features‘ they are undeserving of you.
Here are a few tips you can try naturally.
• Cultivate the habit of exercising without ceasing.
• Eat healthily, and accordingly- breakfast, lunch and dinner must have a proper schedule.
• Learn to swim.
• Learn to dance (extracurricular activities helps to keep the mind active and; what better ways to shed those extra pounds if not by being active?
• Learn to be sufficient for you (this is paramount), learn a new skill if you must.
• Exercise more… once this becomes a habit, then you are all set..
Don’t lose weight for the following reasons
• Don’t lose weight for your spouse; unless he/she’s encouraging you for healthy reasons.
• Don’t lose weight to fit in; Even the best of us don’t fit in — anywhere.
• Don’t lose weight to attract people; Love is not weight/size related.
• Don’t lose weight because it is trendy; “everyone is doing it, I might as well join in” –if you’re bored, enrol for an online class, start a blog or learn a new craft. TRENDY WILL BE OVER SOON.
• Don’t lose weight for a pair of jeans; if they didn’t make your size, find a tailor who can make something similar and prettier.
• Don’t lose weight for an event; it is totally unworthy.
• Don’t lose weight to be a celebrity lookalike; trust me you’re better off. Some of them go through hell or high water to attain that spot, and they’re mostly skinny because the job demands it “so they say” 😉
• Don’t lose weight for sex. Puuuf!!! Unless your body’s getting in the way of that
kamasutra…Lolzzz. Sex is supposed to involve the genitals and not your body size/type. Every BODY is fuckable.
• Don’t lose weight to appear younger; plenty downsides to this (especially when your son’s friend starts hitting on you)..duh!! Some peeps turned grey at 40, still they’re as young/sexy as they ought to be.
Losing those extra pounds for you; is the natural and right way to lose weight fast.
Kindly share your thoughts in the comments section. 💋Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more.... hourglass figure, natural ways to stay fitted, sex and the city, Weight-management